The mission of Seeds of Success is to provide employment opportunities to un-and-under-employed Duluthians through transitional employment as urban farmers/market gardeners, and to provide access to healthy food. Transitional employees (crew members) are provided with built-in coaching supports during their term of employment to achieve long-term education and employment goals through working with a coach. To meet food access needs, Seeds of Success operates the Lincoln Park Farmers Market, a seasonal market designed to reduce food insecurity. In addition, the program is launching two initiatives in 2017: A Deep Winter Greenhouse, and a value-added food enterprise, both designed to provide more employment opportunities, and continue meeting food access needs for more months of the year.
The core duties of the Seeds of Success Program Manager position include but are not limited to providing oversight and:
- Supervision of Crew and Production Leader (who supervises a crew of 3) and Farmers Market Manager
- Provide support for diversified vegetable operations with Crew and Production Leader
o Work in the field with transitional work crew bi-monthly
- Provide support for market with Lincoln Park Farmers Market Manager
- Execution of greenhouse plans (already designed; opening fall 2017)
- Execution of value-added food production plans (already designed; beginning fall 2017)
- Direction of program through grant writing, data collection and reporting
- Active participation in programmatic initiatives, coalitions and with program partners/funders
- Management of program budget
- Management of 1-2 volunteer events/year
- Responds to requests from the Executive Director (duties as assigned)
This is a non-exempt, grant-funded position. The position is 32 hours/week, Monday – Friday, with an hourly wage of $18/hour. Benefits include: Medical, dental and life insurance, short and long term disability insurance, PTO, holiday pay, 403b with company match available after 1 year of employment and access to an Employee Assistance Program..
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Position is open until filled. Please send cover letter, resume, and three professional references via email to email@example.com and put "Seeds of Success Program Manager" in the subject line. Please also indicate how you heard about the position opening.
Community Action Duluth is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that diversity of background and perspective are strengths, and seek to continue to grow a diverse, highly committed, skilled, and collaborative staff.