Connect Forward is designed to help you advance your career and your finances. We offer:
- Opportunity Assessments
- Individualized Goal Planning
- On-going Personal Coaching
- Academic Lessons & Tutoring
- GED, College, & Job Skill Testing Support
- Career Pathways in Healthcare & Customer Service
- Financial Products & Services
- Connection to Local Employer Partners
When you commit to Connect Forward, you are investing in your future!
How to get involved:
- Attend an information session - held Tuesday and Wednesday’s, every half hour from 5-6:00pm
- Work with a Connect Forward Coach to Determine your Goals
- Complete Opportunity Assessments and Evaluations
- Design your personalized plan to move forward
- Participate in Connect Forward Education Classes held Tuesday and/or Wednesday evenings
- Engage in Financial Coaching
- Connect with area employers and higher education providers that fit your career goals
- Continue to work with your Connect Forward Coach on your career/education/financial goals
- Accomplish your goals!
Connect Forward is a partnership with Community Action Duluth, ISD 709, and Lake Superior College.
We are located at 2424 West 5th Street, Duluth, the former Lincoln Park Elementary School.
At each session we provide dinner and child care to make it easier for you to attend.
Connect Forward operates from 4:30-7:00pm on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings.
Are you committed to increasing your income, decreasing your expenses, and doing what it takes to secure your financial future? If so, the Connect Forward is a great place to start. We help people who want to help themselves. Our three service areas provide tools and resources to get individuals and families on the road to success:
- Public Benefits Screening
- Employment/Career Coaching
- Financial Coaching
When you walk through our doors, you will find friends, mentors, and financial coaches, eager to help you develop a customized a plan for financial success and willing to support you through your journey. It will take time and hard work on your part, but the rewards are worth it.
Public Benefits Access
There is nothing more frustrating than working hard and not earning enough to pay the bills … much less get ahead. Most Connect Forward clients have jobs but can’t meet all of their living expenses because their wages and benefits are too low. They may qualify for public benefits but don’t have the time or knowledge to access them.
Connect Forward staff members know how to navigate the complicated public benefits system. They can help you identify and apply for available benefits designed to assist people in your situation. Removing the anxiety of not knowing how to make ends meet will put you in a better position to start building for the future.
Every individual’s story is a little different. Connect Forward coaches look at your current employment situation and what job or career goals you would like to attain. They provide advocacy, support, and the following services to help you overcome barriers to employment and education.
- Resume Building
- Cover Letter Editing
- Targeted Employment Search
- Education Planning
- Goal Planning
- Job Skill Development
- Interview Basics
- Employment Mentoring (regular check-ins)
The result is a customized plan that will improve your self-sufficiency and put you in control of your financial future.
Financial Education and Coaching
Most families strive to achieve economic stability over the course of a lifetime. One-on-one financial coaching is a proven technique to help people reach that goal. Whether you are buried in debt, facing eviction, or just need to set personal savings goals, our Connect Forward coaches provide safe, confidential support for long-term success, providing the following services:
- Budget Planning
- Savings Planning
- Credit Repair & Improvement Work
- Debt Reduction
- Asset Development
- Financial Planning
Connect Forward financial coaches help you create a vision of financial stability, develop clear goals to achieve it, and hold you accountable for your own progress. Their ongoing support and encouragement make it easier for you to stay on course and build financial security, but it really is up to you!
Funded by a Bridges to Career Opportunities grant from LISC Duluth. This material is based upon work supported by the Corporation for National and Community Service under Social Innovation Fund Grant No.: 10SIHNY001.
Opinions or points of view expressed in this document are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official position of, or a position that is endorsed by, the Corporation or the Social Innovation Fund program.